CALL FOR PAPERS -FIMTE 2012
NEW PERSPECTIVES ON THE KEYBOARD WORKS OF ANTONIO SOLER
The 11th International Symposium on Spanish Keyboard Music “Diego Fernández”
Parador de Mojácar, Almería, 11 - 12 October 2012
Chairs: Michael Latcham - Luisa Morales
The 11th International Symposium on Spanish Keyboard Music “Diego Fernández” will be held at the Parador of Mojácar, Almería, Andalusia, on the 11 to 12 October 2012, as part of FIMTE 2012: the 13th International Festival of Spanish Keyboard Music. The festival will feature both mainstream and fringe concerts and a workshop on performance-related issues with Luisa Morales (13-14 October).
The aim of this International Symposium is to provide a forum for new directions in the scholarship and performance of Soler’s works. Proposals for papers are encouraged in the following areas, but not limited to:
• Soler’s keyboard works: sources, performance, styles, genres
• Soler and keyboard instruments for his music
• Soler and contemporary musical aesthetics
• The reception of Soler’s works in Europe and the Spanish colonies
• Soler and music historiography from the eighteenth century to the present
We welcome 200-250 word abstracts for 20-minute papers, as well as proposals for lecture-concerts (30 minutes). Abstracts should be signed at the bottom with the author's name, institutional affiliation or city of residence and full return address, including e-mail address and fax number where possible.
Official languages: English and Spanish.
Symposium fee (including Symposium dinner) EUR 150
Deadline for abstracts: 1st June 2012
For further information, please contact:
FIMTE Apdo. 212
Garrucha 04630 Almería ESPAÑA
Tel: +34 610804486
FIMTE has a limited number of scholarships available, covering only the registration fees for the symposium and/or the workshop. Travel and accommodation costs must be borne by the applicant. To apply for the scholarship, the student must submit a CV to the organization before May 1st.
• Hotel Mojácar Playa, 3 minutes walk from the Conference building. Rooms available from 45 to 60 euros night. Please, contact them directly: http://www.hotel-mojacar-playa.com, Tel. 34-950 472602; FAX 34-950 478940; e-mail: email@example.com
• Parador Nacional de Mojácar, where the conference is held. Rooms from 100 to 138 euros. Please, contact them directly: http://www.parador.es/en/portal.do , Tel. 34-950478250; FAX 34-950478183; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Because this is a touristic destination, we strongly recommend you to book at least one month prior to the symposium.
• Airport: Almería is the nearest airport (90 km from Mojácar)
• Train: Almería Station (90 km) or Lorca Station (60 km)
• Bus: Vera or Mojacar Bus Station (connecting with Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, Murcia…) A service of shuttles Almería-Mojácar would be available in the afternoon of the 10 October. Please, contact us well in advance to organize your transport.